Sunday, January 10, 2016

2016 Hopes and Resolutions

One of my favorite aspects of starting a new year is anticipating my future and the plans of the year to come. I will first start off with my resolutions, following through with what I look forward to in 2016.

Goal 1: Save, budget, save. 
The last meal I ate out was eight days ago. Horray to saving money!
As soon as I get a deposit in my bank account, I intend to stash it all into my savings account and not touch it. I also promise myself not to eat out, "just to eat out", but only for the purpose of Yelp elite, social activities, and mood boosting.

Goal 2: Document.
Documenting includes updating my blog more regularly, posting on Yelp to earn Yelp Elite, and boosting my Instagram followership to over 1,000 followers. If I believe in our age of social media, I better be a user of it! Last semester, I became so involved in my work that I forgot to document my life and my food. I'm making a promise myself to do it differently!

Goal 3: Take the road less traveled to craft my dreams.
We all love the feeling of security in our jobs, finances, and our choices. Because of this reliance, I have let myself stray away from following the ultimate dreams. Now that I have completed college, I have already completed the prerequisites that everyone demands that you need: a degree, an experience, and savings in your banking account. However, were we ever just supposed to settle at that? I'm ready to make some big changes in my life which includes traveling around the globe and moving to the city of my dreams.

Goal 4: Get lost in the world, in a healthy way.
To take my mind off, I usually resort to K-drama, Netflix, or Amazon series. I still do; old habits are bad to break (currently, I am watching Mozart in the Jungle). However, instead of just getting lost in shows, I am making a commitment to read. I'm not cutting myself off from the TV world. I do think entertainment gives me insight about what we value in society, what contributes to high ratings, and what appeals to our generation. On top of TV, I am challenging myself to read a book just like Zuckerberg. I commit reading a fiction book every two weeks. I chose fiction because realistically, I have not religiously read fiction books since high school. In college and our generation of reading articles that pop up on our feed, I already am exposed to the reality that we live in. I want to challenge my creativity again by getting lost in words and my imagination.

These are my four goals! This year, I took off cooking and working out from the list. Those are lifestyle choices that I have slowly adapted; now, I want to challenge myself to make different choices. The only way to stay focused is by limiting the goals into a few and diving in deep.

Wish me luck! What are your goals? What do you want to recommend to me? Would you also like to participate in my goals? Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment